Wednesday, January 03, 2007

isuck

So... I had a little bit of a biggish party at mines on the weekend.

If one can't celebrate the arbitrary turning of the twelf calendar page, what can one celebrate - the anniversary of the purported birth of an unfertilized-yet-born-anyway man who is known as the Prince of Peace despite the number of wars fought in his name? I like celebrating the new year. Sure, there are injuries and a couple of ignominious historical events, but it's not like nations go to war over the one and true evening on which one year turns into another...mostly.

What I learned this weekend was that just as I ain't no picasso, I am neither a great party DJ. I am pleased to say that I didn't fall prey to that number one killer of party dee-jays, the so so so underground and indie that it's entirely inaccessible and horrible playlist. What I didn't anticipate was that my normally literate, open-minded, savvy and urbane friends really only wanted to hear 'Sexy Back' over and over and over. I seriously could have looped that song continually for 7 hours and have pleased more people than my too-clever-by-half playlist (that was, incidentally, vetted by my younger and much cooler sister, Barbastella).

Because it's the opposite of Sexy Back and because I've got the name 'Picasso' in my head, you get Picastro. The song is 'Sharks'.

>>> Picastro - Sharks

(No, I didn't play this at the fuggin' party, dink.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know, people say i look exactly like my mom. so by naming me the second ugliest bat (with, yes, one of the coolest names) you are implying some pretty harsh things that i'm sure gayle would not be impressed to learn about. jerk.

23:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home