Friday, October 06, 2006

Coast to Coast


HAHA! Screw you, YSI! We got a new music mule named SendSpace.
Drac and I have a pile of backloaded beauties for you children and have been feeling right rotten about not loading anything nice in a while - then along comes lovely SendSpace. I learned of this from the ever-charming Ketan from the old Harlem River Drive-by (shouts to the Dundas Massive) who has recently uploaded a couple of hours from his unbelievable radio shows on KSCR out in California.

Here's my treat of the week. I picked this up in New York a few weeks ago - I yoinked it from a mixtape that I bought purely for this track. It's from Akon - who has a pretty bizarro musical history, and Styles P.

the track is called Blown Away.

>>>Akon and Styles P - Blown Away

I'll be in South Africa for a month coming up - I have no idea if I'll be Bat-uploading while I'm there but I hope to return with some sweetness from there. Give a shout in the comments if you have any requests.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the plug! and the akon...you can tell that guy is channeling zapp, in general (without the voice synthesizer).

souther africa?! have fun and hi to, er, batgirl.

guess who.

13:51  
Blogger Vampire Bat said...

Great to hear from you, man. Yeah, I'll be gone 'til November, tell your girl that I'll be gone 'til November.
January, February, March-April-Mayyy./
I hear you crying,
but y'all I can't stay.
I'd seriously appreciate any tips about Pretoria or music to hunt for while I'm in RSA.

10:43  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

there's bound to be loads of old records (african/int'l) in general since it's been such an international hub for so long. i think the best tip i could give you would be to be safe! if i found myself in the types of places i ended up looking for records in kenya, but in south africa, i'd be worried! i can't imagine having to hire a bodyguard to go find records.

just a hunch - there will likely be a lot of old white power music.

never been to pretoria - hear it's beautiful.

17:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home