Thursday, April 27, 2006

well I can't get it out of my head...

Besides that being a wonderful ELO (Electric Light Orchestra) song, it is so apt to describe my thoughts on this wonderful track by matt and kim.

I found it over at the really solid indie-mp3.co.uk

and i am not certain as to the blogging ettiquette, barely believing i am contributing to this whole mess in the first place. In any case, I suspect it is only polite to post a link to the http://www.indie-mp3.co.uk/ post. and the only time to repost on your own would be if it has been taken down off the original site.

but in the end, this posting has stayed as a draft too long, and the post is now long gone past the frontpage. they still do deserve a smile and a cheers for a quality musicblog. I have to admit to having my guard up as i saw the name.

anyhow, I know i promised a Mountain Goats trifecta, but this Silver Tiles has been in my head non-stop (i fold you in half). [anybody get that?]

so i'll post a link to http://www.indie-mp3.co.uk/ and then get back onto our regularly scheduled programming.

go there, and enjoy, and also please check out the earlier posting about indie music across the world.

+++

anyhow this track, Silver Tiles by Matt and Kim, sounds best on shitty speakers. granted the only good speaker comparison is my integrated mac computer speakers, but even these are light years better than the crappy integrated ones i heard it on at work, initially.

i suppose, that this is a good argument for lo-fi, for a refusal to overproduce things.

I mean listen to it, it's a killer track, and it really just needs a little grittiness to go with it, a little distortion, a little raw immediacy.

that's my opinion, why don't you do the test yourself, and let us know what you think.

in any case, check out their site, mattandkimmusic, they're from brooklyn.

>>>mattandkim_silvertiles.mp3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home