Monday, February 13, 2006

drool on my cowl

I'm all groggy and sleepy... I just woke up and my cowl was all twisted around my face so that my nose kind of stuck out of one of my eye-holes. Also, my cape was all tangled up around my arm. I dreamed that I was fighting this crazy sea-monster or eel or something. Even though I was kind of losing and there wasn't didn't seem to be any way to prevail that I was still managing to breathe and survive.

Even though I woke up kind of dejected and feeling inadequate - for some reason I feel really hopeful and strong today. I was thinking that I should go find the Joker and beat his ass or something.

Mostly I just want to lie around on the floor all afternoon thinking about my new favorite Spanish verb tense: future incredible. I find it much more beautiful but not half as poetic as my old favortie: historical compunctive.

For an example of the latter I would offer the following from George (not Burgess!) Meredith:

'Tis morning: but no morning can restore
What we have forfeited. I see no sin:
The wrong is mixed. In tragic life, God wot,
No villain need be! Passions spin the plot:
We are betrayed by what is false within.


Okay, don't take me too literally here. I'm just making a point. I mean, really, who could agree with a poem that suggests that there need be no villains!?! I might as well give the keys to the batmobile to Dracula (he's a horrible driver) and put the old utility belt on ebay.

For a gorgeous example of the former, I respectfully submit that:


>>>the band is The Magic Numbers, the track is Which Way to Happy?.

The Magic Numbers - Which Way to Happy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home