Thursday, March 16, 2006

damn shame.

yeah, so i'm guilty.

mea culpa.

what can i say? maybe it's easiest to put this aside in order to tend to other business by convincing myself no one's reading it.

maybe no one IS reading it. no one's posted a single comment yet.

it would be flattering to actually have a gang of folk regularly checking to see what silliness we're going to put up for the world to see, instead of the one i address with tongue in cheek.

tell you what, if you're out there, and ARE checking this, please leave a comment even a vulgar one, it would be nice to know.

this time it's a posting that was alluded to and promised awhile back,

it's the Rolling Stones' No expectations, and it's a classic. i love it, and can't really hear it enough. it has all the simplicity and complexity you really need in a blues song about a breakup.

anyhow, here's the lyrics of this unplugged version, which is my favourite...the intro's especially funny, but there is a longer version.

No Expectations.
(M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Take me to the station
And put me on a train
I've got no expectations
To pass through here again

Once I was a rich man and
Now I am so poor
But never in my sweet short life
Have I felt like this before

You heart is like a diamond
You throw your pearls at swine
And as I watch you leaving me
You pack my peace of mind


>>> the Rolling Stones - No Expectations.mp3

It's YSI, so please do leave a comment so we can bother to host some of these for a little while.

oh, and posts will be more frequent and regular.

i thought you wanted ME to be batman, though dracula's fine by me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home